Ottawa Office Receptionist
Know History is an Ottawa-based firm that provides historical research services to Indigenous organizations, government, museums, and heritage groups. We currently have a new full time opening for an Office Receptionist.
As the Office Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our organization, responsible for providing a positive first impression to clients and visitors. You will answer and transfer incoming calls and execute all other administrative tasks to the highest quality standards, while maintaining confidentiality of business and client information. Other duties include assisting with letters and mail-outs, scanning, printing, and data processing.
Communication and Interpersonal skills Required
- You have verbal and written communication skills to clearly and concisely respond to in-person and electronic inquiries from clients.
- You have demonstrated experience using interpersonal and listening skills to interact with clients, elicit information and support team members.
- You have experience working collaboratively in a team-driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- You have a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Completion of post-secondary education (college diploma in Business Administration or a similar discipline).
- Previous experience in a Customer Service oriented role.
- Experience with MS Office and working in a Windows environment.
- Familiarity with databases.
- Full Time, Monday to Friday
- Hours, 8.00-4.30pm
- Located in Central Ottawa
- English Essential
- Salary: $20.00/h
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Know History’s team for this role, please send your CV (2 pages max), a cover letter, and two references to email@example.com by June 1st, 2019. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Credit: Topley Studio / Library and Archives Canada / PA-026332