Know History is an Ottawa-based firm that provides historical research services to Indigenous organizations, government, museums, and heritage groups. We currently have a new full time opening for a Client Services Officer.
As the Client Advocate Officer, you will be responding to client inquires via telephone and email, assessing their requests and documenting actions required. You will be responsible for providing a positive interaction and executing all administrative task of their files to the highest quality standards while maintaining confidentiality of business and client information. Although clerical in nature this role requires a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
Communication and Interpersonal skills Required
- You have verbal and written communication skills to clearly and concisely respond to in-person and electronic inquiries from clients.
- You have demonstrated experience using interpersonal and listening skills to elicit information and support team members.
- You have interpersonal skills to interact with clients and collaborate in a team-driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met.
- You are able to follow workflows, assess priorities and meet deadlines.
- You have demonstrated experience working in a team environment, sharing decision-making with co-workers to prioritize tasks and workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Completion of Post-Secondary education (University, preferably a BA in History).
- Experience with MS Office and working in a Windows environment.
- Full Time, Monday to Friday
- Hours, 8:00 am -4:30 pm
- Located in Central Ottawa
- English Essential
- Salary: $20/h
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Know History’s team for this role, please send your CV (2 pages max), a cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8th, 2019. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Credit: Frederic Hatheway Peters / Library and Archives Canada / e011156620_s1