Are you an organized, technologically savvy person with an interest in Canada’s history, who would love to put your office administration skills to use in the field of history and heritage?
Know History is a Canadian firm that provides historical research services to Indigenous organizations, government, museums, and heritage groups. We are looking to expand our Calgary research team with an Administrative Associate.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent BA graduate to get their feet wet in the world of public history. As our Administrative Associate, you’ll bring fresh ideas to help us improve the way we do business. Duties include but are not limited to:
- data processing
- ordering office supplies
- managing office inventory
- organizing mail outs
- setting up and troubleshooting computers & printers
- assisting with research tasks
- transcribing historical interviews
- participating in team and company meetings.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a BA in History or a similar discipline
- Be detail-oriented
- Be extremely comfortable with Microsoft Office and working in a Windows Environment
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
This is a full-time position located at our Calgary SW office.
If you are interested in joining Know History’s team for this role, please send your CV (2 pages max), a cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15th, 2019. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Credit: Topley Studio / Library and Archives Canada / PA-026332